Headache Relief In The Greater Chicago Area
It’s often easy to pass off a headache as a minor thing, and often it is. But for many sufferers, headache relief is temporary at best and elusive at worst. When headaches become a constant struggle, returning again and again no matter what you do, this might be sign that your headaches are a chronic condition that must be addressed. However, headache relief is possible through clinics like Pinnacle Pain Management.
The Four Basic Types Of Headaches
- Muscle Contraction Headache. The cause of this type of headache is precisely how it sounds. The pain is caused by tension from the tightening of the muscles in the head, face or neck leading to the onset of pain.
- Inflammatory Headache. These are headaches caused by inflammation of some kind, frequently resulting from conditions or diseases of the sinuses, spine, neck, ears, or teeth. But inflammatory headaches can also be related to meningitis.
- Vascular Headache. The most commonly known type of vascular headaches is the migraine. They are thought to be an effect of atypical blood vessel functioning within brain. Migraines cause severe pain on one or both sides of the head, as well as nausea and, at times, can affect vision.
- Traction Headache. This type of headache is the result of an organic disease that involves the head’s structures. These headaches are less common than muscle contraction or vascular headaches. But they may be a sign of a more severe condition like chronic sinus infection or possibly stroke.
Headache Relief At Pinnacle Pain Management in Chicago
If your headaches are not frequent, the very best treatment is to take an aspirin or other pain reliever of your choice for headache relief. Often, a simple over-the-counter medication and 15 minutes of rest will do the trick. However, if headache relief is not achieved or your headaches return too frequently, seek professional headache relief at Pinnacle Pain Management.
Aside from simple tension headaches, however, the most common type of headache people suffer from are the vascular kinds like migraines. If severe pain on one or both sides of the head is accompanied by other symptoms like blurred or disturbed vision and nausea, you may be a sufferer of migraines.
At Pinnacle Pain Management, we have a multi-approach to headache pain. Using drug therapy in treatment, we also use relaxation therapy or biofeedback training to help our patients achieve headache relief techniques whenever they need it.
Most chronic headache conditions can be successfully treated with the following:
- Learning stress management skills and/or stress reduction
- Biofeedback training
- Drug therapy
- Regular exercising
Regarding migraine treatment, Sumatriptan is regularly prescribed. But other drug therapy is available, depending on your unique circumstances. They include:
- Methysergide maleate
- Propranolol Hydrochloride
- Ergotamine tartrate
Call or Contact Pinnacle Pain Management
At Pinnacle Pain Management, our priority is returning you to normal function so that you can take those first steps to a full life. We have many convenient locations to serve you in the Greater Chicago Area. If you cannot achieve long lasting headache relief on your own, call (630) 794-9999 or use our Contact Us Page to find the location nearest you.