Neck Pain Solutions
Serving Hinsdale, Chicago, & Calumet City, IL
Neck pain can lead to reduced mobility, making it difficult to enjoy life. Pinnacle Pain Management offers four different locations in Chicago to help you treat your neck pain. Learn about how we can help you overcome strained muscles, disc disorders, and neck injuries so that you can get the most out of life.
THE MAIN CAUSES OF NECK PAIN
Neck muscles are just like any of the body’s muscles. They can become inflamed or strained by being overworked. The most common neck pain causes resulting from strain are:
1. Poor posture (for example: like when you are constantly hunching over a keyboard)
2. Having to keep you neck bent or turned either in one position or in a repeated movement for long durations of time.
3. Long durations of reading in bed (See Number 2 above!)
4. Persistently grinding your teeth, whether consciously or unconsciously
Continuing to over-exert the muscles in the neck can result in chronic neck pain. And that can make recovery from the pain much harder.
DISORDERS OF THE DISCS
As we age, the discs all along our vertebrae begin to dry out, causing the naturally narrow spaces within the spinal column to narrow even more. As a result, discs may herniate. This means that the soft tissue within a disc may bulge out of the protective layering that covers it. The nerves within the herniated region become highly sensitive and can become irritated, causing chronic neck pain. Herniated discs are among some of the most common neck pain causes.
When it comes to neck injury, car accidents that involve whiplash are among the most common neck pain causes. Whiplash occurs when the head is rapidly jolted forward and back, must like the motion of a whip. With whiplash, soft tissues like the neck muscles are stretched past their normal abilities. The result is chronic neck pain.
Helping You Overcome Your Neck Pain
Pinnacle Pain Management in the Greater Chicago Area offers many options in the treatment of neck pain, including physical therapy. Our expert therapists will soothe the neck pain through gentle stretch procedures and other physical therapy methods. But there are also ways that you can help speed your healing after visiting us. They include:
1. While off-the-shelf medications like aspirin or ibuprofen often relieves less severe neck pain due to an injury, when you suffer from chronic or more severe short term pain, a prescription pain reliever is often a better option. Dr. Neeraj Jain, M.D. of Pinnacle Pain Management will help you decide if a prescription medication is a good option for you.
2. Resting the Neck. One of the best ways to help heal neck pain, whether chronic or acute, is to simply allow neck muscles to relax. When you’re awake your neck muscles are in constant use, balancing your head and keeping it upright whether you are walking, sitting, eating, dancing or playing. It’s always a good idea to give your neck a rest on a daily basis, even when it’s healthy. But especially when you are experiencing neck pain and recovering from therapy or a procedure, make sure that you lay your head down for a reasonable duration with proper support in order to rest your neck.
CALL OR CONTACT PINNACLE PAIN MANAGEMENT
At Pinnacle Pain Management, our priority is returning you to normal function so that you can take those first steps to a full life. We have many convenient locations to serve you in the Greater Chicago Area. If you’re experiencing acute or chronic low back pain, call (630) 794-9999 or use our Contact Us Page to find the location nearest you.
Meet Your Provider
NeeRAJ Jain, MD
Pain Care Specialist
Find One Of Our Pain Care Clinics Near You
1301 E 47th St Building 2,
Chicago, IL 60653
2845 N Sheridan Blvd Ste 910,
Chicago, IL 60657
908 N Elm St Ste 301,
Hinsdale, IL 60521
Get in Touch With Pinnacle Pain Care Specialists
Why Pinnacle Pain Management?
As a leader in Pain Management care in the Chicagoland area, Pinnacle Pain Management, we use state-of-the-art pain treatments to diagnose and treat acute and chronic pain. At Pinnacle Pain Management, we believe in treating the whole person and permanent relief to improve your everyday life. Among some of the other top reasons to choose Pinnacle Pain Management includes:
Dr. Jain's experience, including serving as Medical Director of Pain Management at Hinsdale Hospital for nearly a decade.
Dr. Jain, in his time with Pinnacle Pain Management, was named a Top 5 Pain Specialist in Chicago by Chicago Magazine.
Pinnacle offers the newest and trusted pain management services and treatments, such as Intracept and VIA disc.