Arthritis & Osteoarthritis Relief
Almost 40 million people in the U.S. alone suffer from one form or another of arthritis. This often life-altering disease that settles in areas like the knees, elbows, wrists or hands is an inflammation that affects the body’s joints. Sometimes, arthritis is a minor aggravation easily treated with over-the-counter anti-inflammatories. But for many sufferers, it is a degenerative condition that causes severe, chronic pain and deformity.
The Three Main Types Of Arthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis. This is an autoimmune disease that can strike as early as young adulthood or younger. It affects joint linings, causing them to swell, throb and ache. It is a chronic, progressive condition that can result in painful deformities and immobility. Joints usually affected by rheumatoid arthritis are the knees, wrists, hands and fingers.
- Osteoarthritis. The most usual type of arthritis, osteoarthritis is a degenerative joint condition that results from the steady breakdown of cartilage between bone. As we age, cartilage frequently wears down, eventually allowing bones to rub against one another. This rubbing of bone-on-bone often causes extreme pain and swelling. The joints usually affected by osteoarthritis are the knees, hips and facet joints like those in the neck or spine.
- Gouty Arthritis. This type of arthritis is also known simply as “gout.” While that term may seem like an antique one, and the disease one that no longer occurs, it is actually still very much with us in modern times. Gouty arthritis results from elevated levels of uric acid in the blood. When the body becomes incapable of breaking the uric acid down, this acid crystallizes and deposits in the cartilage of tendons and joints. Swollen tissues that surround the tendons and joints result and cause pain which can often be severe. While gout can form in almost any joint in the body, it is most common in the knee, wrist or the foot’s big toe.
Arthritis & Osteoarthritis Relief At Pinnacle Pain Management
At Pinnacle Pain Management, Dr. Neeraj Jain and his caring, highly trained staff take the time to address every patient’s personal concerns and needs, using our proficiency with highly advanced treatments to provide the best possible choices in therapeutic options. We are focused on maximizing your cancer pain management and increasing your quality of life. Our goal is to make sure patients who suffer from arthritis or osteoarthritis in the Greater Chicago Area and surrounding communities have access to the best therapy choices that will work for them.
What kind of treatment you will receive for your arthritis will be carefully weighed for your maximum benefit and pain relief. At Pinnacle Pain Management one of our specialties in the greater Chicago area is easing arthritis suffering our patients.
Among the therapies available are:
- Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation
- Pain relievers and other arthritis-related medications
- Hot and cold compresses
Call or Contact Pinnacle Pain Management
At Pinnacle Pain Management, our priority is returning you to normal function so that you can take those first steps to a full life. We have many convenient locations to serve you in the Greater Chicago Area. If you suffer from osteoarthritis or any of the forms of arthritis call (630) 794-9999 or use our Contact Us Page to find the location nearest you.